Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Replacing a computer with the cloud is a piece of cake!


Okay, so maybe not as delicious as a great red velvet cake, but easy none the less.

Last Thursday I got into the office as I usually do, make myself a cup of coffee and sit down to start my day, only today was different, today my computer wouldn't boot.

I tried restarting, unplugging and plugging back in, nothing. As I bent down to try unplugging again I noticed a burnt smell...my power supply had burned out.

I was frustrated! I had to run out, purchase a new computer, re-load all my applications (if I could locate the disks), try and restore all my data, get my settings back to how I like them, re-setup email and networking settings...what a mess!

Oh wait, I thought to myself. We are a cloud company and this is the piece of mind we tell our clients about everyday. My mind was still stuck thinking of how painful it's been to replace a work computer in the past.

Since we live in the cloud just like our clients, I plugged in the new computer, logged into my nology account, downloaded one application and was back to work in less than one hour, and that hour includes driving to the electronics store to pick up a computer and driving back to the office. Subtract the trip if I would have had a spare PC laying around and it took me all of 10 minutes.

It's too often that a simple computer failure prevents us from getting work done for hours or even days while we follow the old process. The cloud changes all that, it sure made my day easier.


Brendon Liner is the VP of Business Development for nology, a cloud based provider of IT services in Minneapolis. Find out how the cloud can help your business at nologynetworks.com or contact us at 612-208-9226. 

No comments:

Post a Comment